HIMEL reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement as needed, for example, to comply with evolutions in laws, regulations, HIMEL practices and procedures, or requests by supervisory authorities.
In this case, HIMEL will inform individuals of HIMEL who are impacted of material changes in this Privacy Statement. HIMEL will post new versions on relevant internal and external websites.
1. Why this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement applies to all HIMEL subsidiaries and digital content, unless a specific privacy statement or privacy notice has been released to supplement it or to replace it. You should check the privacy statements made available to you on all digital content.
HIMEL strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement describes how HIMEL processes and protects the personal information of individuals who use our websites and other digital content as well as in the context of our offline business activities.
2. What is the Scope of this Privacy Statement? Who Is in Charge of Data Processing?
HIMEL is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of how your personal information is protected. You should read it before accessing HIMEL digital content.
HIMEL is a global company with legal entities, business processes, management organizations, and a system infrastructure that crosses borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all HIMEL data processing activities run by our wholly owned subsidiaries, including product and service offerings and digital content (e.g. websites, tutorials, e-training, newsletters, advertising, communication). However, it may be supplemented by a more specific privacy notice/statement/policy (“statement”) or even superseded by another statement specific to a particular HIMEL programme, product, service, content or entity. It is important that you read the statements made available to you for your full information.
The data controllers of the data processing activities are the HIMEL subsidiaries who have determined the data processing means and purposes. They may vary on a case by case basis. In many instances, the Head Office of HIMEL HONG KONG LIMITED, 11/F KERRY CTR 683 KING’S RD QUARRY BAY HONG KONG Business Registration No.:7025256000001195 is the data controller of global data processing activities, including the www.himel.com
This Privacy Statement binds all HIMEL wholly owned subsidiaries and their employees.
3. Why Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information for various purposes including to analyse the activities on our websites, run our marketing activities, provide you with contextual and targeted advertising, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using our digital content.
HIMEL collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To address your requests for information. If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
- For relationship management purposes. It includes communicating with you about the products, services and digital content you have acquired to ensure you use them in the best way possible, including via emails and newsletters. For instance, location data may be used to suggest sources of products or support near you.
- To send you marketing information by email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements.
- To provide you, through pop-ups, banners, video, emails and any other advertising format, with certain communications and/or targeted advertising about our products. For instance:
- we may provide you with contextual advertising or other content, based on the content of the visited webpage or other information we have about you, when you navigate through our digital content.
4. What Types of Personal Information Do We Process?
Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
- identity and contact related information, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, contact addresses
- your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences
- online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, type of browser used, consulted content and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device.
5. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
HIMEL complies with widely recognized key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
HIMEL respects the privacy rights and interests of individuals. HIMEL subsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
- Processing personal information fairly and lawfully.
- Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
- Collecting personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
- Maintaining accurate personal information and, where necessary, keeping it up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
- Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
- Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised access, unlawful processing, and unauthorised or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
- When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable law.
All HIMEL subsidiaries must ensure that the above principles are complied with.
HIMEL and its subsidiaries are committed to taking commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organisational measures to protect personal information against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorised destruction.
We implement access control measures for our internal systems that hold personal information. Authorised users are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to personal information is provided to our staff for the sole purpose of performing their job duties. We sensitise our employees on proper use and handling of personal information. Our service providers are also required to maintain security measures similar to ours.
By using our digital content or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically or otherwise about related security, privacy, use and administrative issues. In spite of our efforts to implement appropriate security measures, online browsing carries inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that it is risk-free.
6. What Are Your Rights?
You can request access to your personal information and request it to be amended or deleted if inaccurate. You can always object to direct marketing.
HIMEL will comply with your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by any HIMEL entity and you will be given access to your personal information regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought when required by applicable law. To opt-out of emails, simply unsubscribe.