Installation of a REACTOR is recommended, which can restrain a low-pass resonant circuit (usually below the 5th) harmonics to flow into capacitors.
- Rated Operating Voltage(AC): AC0.45kV, AC0.525kV, AC0.48kV (others can be customized)
- Detuning：6%, 7%, 12%, 14%
- Phase: Three-phase
- Rated Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Withstand voltage grade: 3000 V/min
- Overload ability: ≤ 1.35 times
- Temperature rise limitation: Coil temperature rise≤85K, Winding temperature rise≤95K
- Reactor noise: < 50 dB
- Insulation class: > F
- IP grade: IP00
- Ambient Temperature: -25℃ ~+50℃
- Altitude: ≤ 2000 m
- Standard: IEC 60289
Reactors adopt three-phase three-column type structure:</p><p> </p><p>1. The gap of the iron core adopts epoxy resin impreged glass cloth laminated sheet as the spacer. High-impact binder is applied (high-temperature tolerance) to ensure that gaps of reactors do not change and there is no noise during the operation.</p><p>2. Coils are tightly wound with enameled flat wires to ensure tha t coils of reactors do not vibrate during the operation(foil winding is used when current is more than 100A).</p><p>3. Advanced low-loss silicon steel sheet is used. Fast punching mode is applied to ensure that products have high efficiency and low loss.</p>
Capacitors get easily affected and damaged by harmonic current, inrush current, and due to overvoltage in the reactive power compensation system.
Therefore, to avoid parallel resonance and the issue of amplified harmonic current, it is necessary to be in a series reactor along with the capacitors.
Reactors are applied to avoid excessive amplification of power grid harmonics and resonance resulting from the connection of capacitor banks to prolong the service time of capacitors.
Main reasons are as follows:
(1) Main order of harmonics like 5th, 7th, 11th in system, but correct reactors are not connected in series with capacitors;
(2) Wrong contactors are used: used AC contactors instead of capacitor switching contactors.
Main conditions are as follows:
(1) Load connection: rectifier, VSD, soft starter
(2) Grid environment: refining, chemical industry, cement, electroplating
(3) Main order of harmonics: 5th, 7th, 11th
(4) Specified capacitor switching contactor is replaced by commercial AC contactor: easy to shorten lifecycle of capacitors due to inrush current suppression ability (capacity reduction risk)